Working at the Missouri State Alliance of YMCAs gives you the opportunity to strengthen communities and change lives, including your own. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose and fuel your passion every day!
Positions currently available at the Missouri State Alliance of YMCAs:
Reports to: MSAY CEO
Status: Full time, exempt
Supervises: Team members and contractual vendors as assigned
The Missouri State Alliance of YMCAs is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Under the direction of the CEO, the Director of MARCOM is responsible for administrative support, logistical support and support of service delivery and resources across a continuum of areas serving the Missouri State Alliance of YMCAs (MSAY) and designated YMCAs. The Director of MARCOM will manage multiple social media and marketing programs for multiple agencies.
The Director of MARCOM must work cooperatively with the CEO, the Associate Director, the Director of Government Relations/YAG, as well as local YMCA staff and volunteers, to provide support for various MSAY Initiatives.
The Director of MARCOM will perform all duties in a safe and prudent manner while also promoting the YMCA core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and periodic expertise in a variety of complex media and networking formats. The person filling this position must possess strong organization, human relations, event planning, and project management skills. Knowledge of youth programming, volunteer training, and office technology is also critical.
The minimum physical requirements of this position include ability to remain in a stationary position 50%, move freely and lift 25-pound boxes or materials to load and unload equipment or materials, manage equipment, and work on computers and travel to events as required.
- Provide overall leadership for external communication, branding and messaging for MSAY.
- Provide marketing and promotional materials to support programming and development opportunities for YMCAs in Missouri and Kansas.
- Complete all necessary administrative duties and logistical arrangements for various programs, events, and meetings.
- Attend and assist in providing on-site leadership and management of events and meetings.
- Assist with annual evaluations of programs and make improvements as needed.
- Develop meaningful peer relationships with other YMCA professionals.
- Assist with the development and execution of the MSAY strategic plan.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Provide marketing and communication support and materials for MSAY and local YMCAs.
- Provided technical expertise and assistance to the MSAY team on YUSA software and systems including Quorum, Salesforce, LINK, etc.
- Develop association-wide promotional schedule based on marketing plan (Monthly) (Marketing, External Communication)
- Create brand-compliant marketing and training materials, including, but not limited to, videos, posters, flyers, slides, presentations, agendas, digital displays and traditional media. (Daily) (Marketing, External Communication)
- Support advocacy through material and messaging design tools and communication.
- Support the Service Delivery Partner Contract through the development of work plans, tracking systems and data, as well as evaluation.
- Manage various Y Facebook and Twitter accounts, responding to inquiries and scheduling daily posts/tweets designed to promote Y programs while building advocates and positioning the Y as an expert in focus areas of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility (Daily) (Marketing, External Communication)
- Update and maintain MSAY website to ensure public has access to timely, accurate information on the complete spectrum of programs and services offered (Weekly) (Marketing, External Communication)
- Compose occasional messaging/news of departmental programs and events. (External Communication)
- Track social media metrics to ensure optimal timing and placement of posts (Monthly) (Marketing)
- Manage Advertising trade accounts and schedule trade advertising (including electronic billboard) in line with Marketing Plan.
This job description is subject to change at any time.