Working at the Osage Prairie YMCA gives you the opportunity to strengthen communities and change lives, including your own. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose and fuel your passion every day!
The Associate YMCA Director for Aquatics will support the work of the Y, the leading non-profit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Under the direction of the CEO, the Associate YMCA Director for Aquatics is a member of the Osage Prairie YMCA leadership team and responsible for developing, organizing and implementing high-quality YMCA aquatic programs including but not limited to; YMCA Swim Lessons, Year-Round YMCA & USA Swim teams, water fitness classes & Lifeguard training. The Aquatics Department, including this position, must be funded through the generation of program revenues, excluding occupancy costs. This position is considered professional level position and is an exempt salaried position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. The programs of responsibility can be seasonal, and some seasons may require more than 40 hours per week. Expected hours will include evenings and some weekend hours during various program seasons.
- Must be 21 years of age to be an insured driver of YMCA vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (aquatic management, coaching, physical education, business) and/or equivalent experience in aquatic programming and/or management, including coaching, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Must have the physical competencies to pass, complete and teach YMCA Lifeguarding and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor trainings.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in program development and swim team coaching with a demonstrated track record for growth and development.
- Must have a strong base of knowledge for coaching swim strokes and techniques. Must be able to demonstrate and coach these skills in all 4 competitive swim strokes.
- Proficiency in office related technology, computer systems and software in addition to multiple social media platforms.
- Must excel in skills that include problem-solving, communication, organization, relationship building and multi-tasking.
- Ability to supervise, train and support a diverse group of program staff and volunteers.
- Must work a schedule that that reflects the needs of YMCA programming. Availability to work evenings and weekends during various program seasons throughout the year.
- Sufficient strength, agility, mobility to perform all essential functions and to lead all program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations and environments.
- Leads, directs, coordinates, and manages all aquatic activities to meet the YMCA mission and objectives. Must be on site and visible to all program participants and families during program offerings.
- Serve as an advocate for the YMCA mission by being a role model to participants, members, staff, and volunteers.
- Must uphold and evaluate daily all facets of the Osage Prairie YMCA Aquatic Safety Plan to minimize all risks associate with pool operations.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, schedule and manage all aquatic staff and volunteers, including lifeguards, swim instructors, swim coaches, and water fitness instructors.
- Develop a high performing team of staff focused on providing an exceptional aquatic experience and meet the standards of the Osage Prairie YMCA Aquatic Safety Plan.
- Responsible for reviewing, monitoring, motivating, and evaluating aquatic staff performance.
- Develop, prepare, and manage the Aquatic Department budget. Must develop a departmental plan and budget to self-sustain independently from YMCA general operations.
- Maintain orderly storage and inventory of aquatic supplies. Provide maintenance as needed to program equipment to ensure quality and functionality as well as maintain the safety of program participants.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficiency with limited resources in developing new aquatic programs for people of all ages and demographics.
- Compile program statistics, records, and program budget evaluations to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and financial status of all YMCA aquatic programs.
- Effectively and consistently communicates with parents, community contacts and volunteers. Organizes and conducts parent, coach, volunteer, and staff meetings.
- Respond to all inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Creates and maintains individual registrations, session rosters, pool schedules, practice schedules and attendance records.
- Build relationships with community partners that supports the YMCA Mission and reach.
- Solicit and secure program sponsorships.
- Assists in payroll management and accounts payable/receivable as it relates to departmental finances.
- Order and purchase any program need such as equipment and training aides.
- Leads local grass roots marketing efforts to support YMCA marketing team in mass electronic marketing. Organizes and hosts community events that promotes YMCA programming.
- Serve as a member of the YMCA leadership team that ensures the overall operational effectiveness of the organization. Provide leadership to all areas of YMCA operations. Supports all organizational goals, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as Director on Duty for assigned evenings and weekends.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising events and campaigns.
- Attend regional and local trainings and conferences to further professional development within the YMCA Movement.
- All other duties as assigned by CEO.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission and Community Oriented: Reinforces YMCA values within the organization and the community. Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders.
People Oriented: Serves as a community leader building collaboration based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Results Oriented: Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Ensures execution of plans. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls.
Personal Development Oriented: Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Fosters a learning environment by embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change.
Salary and Benefits:
- $36,000 - $38,000
- Outstanding YMCA Retirement Plan, check out details at: www.yretirement.org. The Osage Prairie YMCA contributes an additional 8% of annual salary
- Competitive Health Benefits
How to Apply:
Email Cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with the subject line reading “Associate YMCA Director for Aquatics.”
Application Deadline: June 20, 2021
Childcare staff offer value-oriented, child-centered activities that help children develop their talents and feel a sense of belonging. Activities should combine friendships, education, adventure, and personal growth, creating days as unique as each child and memories that last a lifetime. We design and deliver creative programs that are based on YMCA values, caring honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith. Childcare staff will strive to nurture all our children in any of our childcare programs in a challenging and supportive environment where their safety and well-being are the number one priority.
Currently the Childcare Programs consists of the following programs: After School Program, Camp Osage, Spring Break Camp, Winter Break Camp, No School Days, and Child Watch.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older. Subject to a background check.
- Previous experience working with children/or education is preferred.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work at times with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to let your inner child shine through when working directly with our children enrolled.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Implements program activities that are consistent with YMCA values while adhering to the daily schedule.
- Create and maintain a clean and safe environment both physically and emotionally for all.
- Attends staff meetings and completes all required training.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
- Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements.
- Maintains communication with parents and co-workers/supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Camp Counselor or the Assoicate Director of Childcare and Community Impact.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning. Speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing campers.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better camp experience. Clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in all camp activities and meetings. Strives to meet or exceed overall camp goals.
Personal Growth: Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well.
Training/Certifications required after hire that will be provided: Child Abuse & Neglect Detection and Prevention Training, 12 hours of Childcare Licensed Training, CPR, and First Aid Training.
Hourly Rate: $10.30
How to Apply: Apply in person at Osage Prairie YMCA at 500 W. Highland, Nevada, MO 64772. For questions email Samie McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org